Monday, April 8, 2013

Yay! It's The (Conference) Weekend!!





Wow..What a busy busy weekend. It has been filled with Family, friends, and other loved ones.  I think The past 2 nights I have averaged a good 4 maybe 5 hours of sleep haha.  Some good friends of mine finally had their baby. A cute little baby girl named Tayliegh. She is so adorable.  I went to visit them friday evening straight from work. I brought them Sushi because that is what the mama had been craving for so long. We sat there and visited for about 45 minutes. I then felt they needed some alone time so I went on my way home. Later that night I went to my brothers (Kevin) in-laws house, where He had planned a surprise birthday party for his wife. It was super fun! While I was getting ready to say the prayer to bless the food, I told their boy Lincoln (2 yrs. old) to fold his arms. He then looked around the room, then looked up at me and got a big smile on his face and says TIBBY! It made my day to hear that precious little voice. I then conversed with friends I haven't seen in a while.  Then it was off to play "Just Dance" on the Wii. I have to say that I am horrible at that game. So I couldn't get the video to load on here, but if you copy and past this link it will send you to the video on my Facebook. It should pull it up for you. It is so worth the watch. I am awesome and cannot dance (unless its to Katy Perry) haha.
 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151608011274289&set=vb.515954288&type=2&theater
 


I hope everybody had a chance to watch at least some of conference this weekend.  I had the opportunity to attend the Saturday afternoon session, as well as Sunday afternoon session (with two individuals that I admire).  The older that I get, the more I have come to love and enjoy conference, I'm sure that is true for most of us.  Their are so many things that can be said about all the talks. So many remarkable stories have been shared.
Last night (Saturday) I was able to watch/listen to the priesthood session with my Dad and two brothers.  It was wonderful to hear to the words from Robert D. Hale who was the evenings first speaker. This talk hit home for me in MANY different reasons. (I'm sure those who know me understand why)  He Mentioned  how we live in "dark times". The world will keep moving, but the church will remain constant. "If we are faithful, the armor of god will be given to us as a gift from god, we need this armor. Put on the whole armor of god.  Think about that for a minute. What does it mean to put on the whole armor of god? I pondered this late Saturday night as I was driving home. To me, the "armor of god" means fulfilling your priesthood duties, magnifying your callings, surrounding yourself with good influences. By doing so we will become more like him.   I really liked how he mentioned "A true friend doesn't ask us to choose between the gospel, a true friend strengthens us, and protects us. 
We need to be prepared for what is to come. Always be prepared, always be ready.  Heavenly father has a plan for all of us. We need to make sure we are doing the right things so that when opportunity strikes, we are ready. 
This is just one of the many talks that I enjoyed this weekend. 
Yes this blog is short, but in all honesty... I can go on and on. I would love for you all to copy and past this link bellow and listen to this talk. Granted it was from the priesthood session. I feel though that many of us can gain something from this. If I didn't, I wouldn't have shared this.  :)
http://www.lds.org/generalconference/watch/2013/04?lang=eng&vid=2282506507001&cid=3 

No comments:

Post a Comment