Sunday, March 10, 2013

Everything Has It's Reasoning.

Okay Okay peeps. Sorry it's been ANOTHER minute, But I promise I will start to pay more attention to this thing haha.
 So... it's been.....shy over 4 months since my last post. Time to catch you up! Well Last school semester didn't go as planned. Sad to say it turns out I am not superman after all.  I took on 13 credit hrs, while working full-time. Okay so a lot of you out there can do that. That's awesome, unfortunately I am not one of them. Turns out its harder for those with A.D.D. Who knew right?... So that being said I moved  back to part time school, and full-time work. I am still working in Salt Lake for 3-form. Been looking for a work closer to home. All though I miss SLC for certain reasons, I really don't feel like moving back. I have grown to like it in Lehi. I have made many friends the past 2 years, plus I enjoy going to UVU. I am looking for work near home, but at the same time very thankful to have a job that supports my needs.
SO... I have been going through some motions the past 6 months. Like I have said before in a previous post. We all have our vices we deal with. I live in a house that is probably not the best place for someone trying to aspire in their beliefs. I did very well for a long time. It's so funny how you think you can be so invisible from sin, but then when you least expect it BOOM! You've made a mistake.  Granted, nobody is perfect. That's why we have repentance.  It's so easy to slip away without even knowing. It can start from something simple like not saying your daily prayers, then moves onto scripture study. From there.. You miss sacrament meeting, or all your church meetings. Their are reasons why we are told to say daily prayers, and study the scriptures.
Think of all we do in our daily lives that can distract us from living righteously.Just going to church on sunday sometimes isn't enough. We take the sacrament every sunday to remind us of the covenants we have made, to be forgiven.  We need to be studying the scriptures, and saying daily prayers.
This past week I have been reading/watching/listening to a talk given in last Octobers session of General Conference. It was given by Elder David A. Bednar. Titled "Converted To The Lord"
As members of the church, we all have a testimony, but what does it mean to be converted to the lord?
Conversion requires persistence and patience, as well as humility.  When Reading this over and over,one thing he said really stuck out and hit me.
"Testimony alone is not, and will not be enough to protect us in the latter-day storm of darkness and evil in which we are living. Testimony is important and necessary, but not sufficient to provide the spiritual strength and protection we need."
To me... being converted to the lord means service, charity, love, being examples to those all around you.
Scriptures come in many forms. They are given to us by prophets of old, as well as living prophets. Church magazines, Through others around us.
It's so easy to do, but at the same time...So easy to fall away. I love this talk, and I encourage others to read it.
I know who I am, and I know where I want to be. Sometimes we fall, and maybe the reason we fall sometimes is to show others they are not alone. That we all go through this. Sometimes we need help from others to get there. Everything has it's reasoning. It's our job to figure out what means.



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha Tim I miss you! You have always been such a great guy, and a hard worker. Remember, our weaknesses and trials make us stronger and mold us into who we can become ;) Hang in there! Your awesome.

    ReplyDelete